If you use social media to sell tickets or merch (and you should!), you know how easy it can be for your inbox to start exploding with DMs. Don’t get me wrong – a busy inbox is a good sign, but when you find yourself answering the same question over and over again, it doesn’t take long to realize that your time is even more valuable. To fix this problem, Instagram rolled out the Quick Replies feature to cut down on the time it takes to respond to direct messages.
(To take advantage of the feature, make sure you are using an Instagram Business Account.)
What is Instagram Quick Replies?
Quick Replies make it easy to respond your Instagram messages in just a few taps. The feature is similar to Facebook’s Instant Replies, except the saved messages don’t send automatically. Quick Replies comes in handy when customers are most likely to start conversations, like when tickets go up for sale, an event is right around the corner or when a giveaway occurs. It can be a lifesaver when it comes to staying engaged with your followers!
Here’s how to use it:
- Go to your Instagram profile page and select your direct messages in the top right corner.
- Select a message.
- Tap the plus button in the bottom menu.
- Click on the quick reply button (a conversation bubble with three dots).
- Select “New Quick Reply.”
- Type your message, then click save.
- To use your message, type your shortcode or tap the quick reply icon to select your message. Then click send.
- You did it!
Say goodbye to hours spent replying to direct messages and answering the same questions over and over again. Quick Replies makes it easier than ever to quickly respond to direct messages – and as event planners know, in the middle of event season, every second counts!