The recipe requests from our TFEA party just keep rolling in, so next up are the Glazed Pecans.
Now, these aren’t just your ordinary party nuts! Jessica’s sweet mom, Cheryl, spent an afternoon in the kitchen preparing these just for our happy hour! These glazed pecans are a family favorite at their holiday events, and now that we’ve had them it’s pretty obvious why: they are delicious.
But the truth is, you can’t really go wrong with a recipe that’s been around since the June 1982 issue of Southern Living, right?
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine first 4 ingredients and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the pecans and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Individually place the pecans on wax paper and let them cool completely.
- Share with friends and family, or keep them all to yourself. We promise not to judge.