Did anyone notice that the Grammys really kicked up their social media presence this year, especially Twitter?
As far as event marketing goes, the Grammys are a good one to watch – and they had their second highest ratings in 20 years.
We thought we’d share some quick tips that we noticed, so that you might be able to use social media similarly to increase your event’s “ratings” (your attendance).
1. They posted their hashtag, #GRAMMYS, everywhere!
2. They didn’t just post social media options at the Grammys, their Twitter and Facebook URLS (as well as their website URL) were posted well before the event in ads, etc. as well as during the event before commercial breaks.
3. They told customers what they’d get for following, including behind-the-scenes photos and exclusive coverage. (Sound familiar? We always suggest that events do this – you can do this too!)
4. They let people know they were listening. Periodically, LL Cool J would read tweets on the air, and you could do the same at your event.
5. They were active during the event on social media. This is important so you can direct, guide and enhance the conversation, not just relying on your audience.
Think about your event and how you can use the Grammys, one of the biggest global events, to inspire you to kick up your social media presence this year!