Saffire is celebrating Christmas in August! Join us as we welcome the newest event to join our community: ‘Twas the Lights Before Christmas!
This walk-thru Christmas village and light festival takes place at the East Texas State Fairgrounds in Tyler, Texas and is our first holiday-specific event. We are already filled with lots of festive ideas to bring their holly jolly spirit online!
Stay tuned to experience the wonder and joy of the holiday season with their new online presence later this fall!
All this talk about the holidays has me ready for a mug of peppermint hot chocolate. Only 118 days until Christmas! …but whose counting?
We are excited to tell you about another partnership with a rodeo in the great state of Texas. Friends, please join us and welcome the Los Fresnos PRCA Rodeo to the Saffire community!
Texas rodeos are where it all started for us, so we always love getting to work with another one!
We can’t wait to help Bill and his team to bring new life to the rodeo’s online presence in time for their 24th annual event next spring. Stay tuned for more updates soon!
Another day, another state…but this time with 2 events! We are pleased to welcome the Black Hills Stock Show and the Central States Fair to the Saffire community.
We’ll be updating the look and feel of both events’ websites, and we’ll get started as soon as the Central States Fair wraps up this weekend. Can you believe they were crazy enough to make this decision the week of their event? We can’t either, but we LOVE it and are excited to be working with such a great team.
So South Dakota, get ready! 2013 will brings lots of changes to two of your favorite events.
The recipe requests from our TFEA party just keep rolling in, so next up are the Glazed Pecans.
Now, these aren’t just your ordinary party nuts! Jessica’s sweet mom, Cheryl, spent an afternoon in the kitchen preparing these just for our happy hour! These glazed pecans are a family favorite at their holiday events, and now that we’ve had them it’s pretty obvious why: they are delicious.
But the truth is, you can’t really go wrong with a recipe that’s been around since the June 1982 issue of Southern Living, right?
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine first 4 ingredients and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the pecans and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Individually place the pecans on wax paper and let them cool completely.
- Share with friends and family, or keep them all to yourself. We promise not to judge.
If you know much about the team here at a Saffire, it will come as no surprise to you that we love a delicious cocktail! In fact, you’ve probably heard about the Cotton Candy Cocktails we serve at various conventions and events.
But when we were getting ready for TFEA in San Antonio, we knew we wanted to serve something new and different.
Summertime in Texas is just begging for a refreshing cocktail, and we needed to deliver. We adapted a recipe from one of our favorite blogs that combined two of our favorite things: lemonade and tequila. So please enjoy your very own Pink Lemonade Margarita.
Pink Lemonade Margarita
- 1 can of Minute Maid frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed (12 ounces)
- 3 cans of cold water
- 1 can of silver tequila
- ½ can of 03 Premium Orange Liqueur
- Salt or sugar for the rim
- 1 lemon sliced for garnish
Note: For all of the our measurements above, we used the empty pink lemonade can.
- Pour the thawed can of pink lemonade concentrate into the pitcher, then fill the can up with cold water 3 times adding it to your pitcher.
- Fill the can almost to the top with the silver tequila of your choice (This will be a strong drink, so feel free to use a little less!)
- Fill the can not quite halfway full with the orange liquor. We used a clear liquor so we could maintain the nice pink color of the lemonade.
- Now, add ice and stir to mix. Chill the mixture until you’re ready to serve!
- Garnish each drink with margarita salt and a lemon slice. And of course, we recommend a cute straw!
I think it’s safe to say that the queso at our TFEA happy hour was a hit! Several people have asked for the recipe, so here you go!
Combine all ingredients into a slow cooker and heat until it’s all melted together, stirring occasionally. Enjoy with your favorite tortilla chips!